BLUE SPARK™ Parylene Dimer
BLUE SPARK™ PARYLENE C is a UV Fluorescing member of the Parylene Dimer family. This material is a high performance, high purity dimer designed to produce a parylene polymer film yielding excellent electrical, chemical, and physical properties while allowing for UV Light Inspection. The material has been tested and/or certified to meet or exceed the performance requirements of MIL-I-46058C, IPC-CC-830B, UL 94V-0, UL746, and NASA Low Outgassing (ASTM E595) as a finished CVD Parylene Film.
BLUE SPARK™ Parylene Dimer Physical Properties
The general physics of BLUE SPARK™ UV Fluorescing and its application methodology offers unique Tin Whisker mitigation performance in a thin film solution. Furthermore, it provides excellent resistance to water, salt spray, inorganic acids, organic solvents, corrosive gases and various other chemical and mechanical based threats. The material polymerizes at room temperature while under vacuum and exhibits good adhesion to most surfaces.
Our PRS engineering consultants would be pleased to provide any advice on surface preparation and substrate cleanliness prior to a customer’s chemical vapor deposition (CVD) application process. Contact us for more information on our Parylene Dimer and UV Fluorescing process, or request a quote today.
BLUE SPARK™ Increased Adhesion Strength
Adhesion is a major attribute of the PRS product. BLUE SPARK™ offers increased adhesive strength over conventional untreated Parylene dimers without the addition of adhesion promoters/additives. However, this attribute can be further enhanced during the PRS proprietary dispersion process of manufacturing by addition of processes involving vacuum plasma and a special adhesion promoter.
BLUE SPARK™ UV Fluorescing Benefits
Plasma Ruggedized Solution’s BLUE SPARK™ Parylene Dimer features a UV tracer that is integrated into the dimer. This allows the deposited film to be inspected under an ultraviolet light. Thus, saving time and significant cost in equipment and personnel. BLUE SPARK™’s UV fluorescing agent is an optical brightener that may also provide a collateral benefit of increasing the performance of the final film deposit. Other features and benefits include:
- UV FLUORESCING, this material offers the unique ability to inspect the finished Parylene film under UV (Black) Light Inspection while maintaining the high-performance properties offered by Parylene.
- RoHS Compliant
- REACH Compliant
- USP Compliant/Conforming
- ISO 10993 Compliant/Conforming
- Tested (PASSES), meets the requirements of, and is Compliant to MIL-I-46058C.
- Tested (PASSES), meets the requirements of, and is Compliant to IPC-CC-830B.
- IPC-CC-830B Certification Pending
- Tested (PASSES), meets the requirements of, and is Compliant to Flammability Standards for Self-Extinguishing MIL-I-46058C (ASTM D635), and UL 94V-0
- UL 746 and UL 94V-0 Certified. File Number E488458
- Tested (PASSES), meets the requirements of, and is Compliant to NASA Low Outgassing criteria (ASTM E595)
- Cryogenic Compatible
- Vacuum Stable
BLUE SPARK™ UV Fluorescing Applications
There are numerous applications where BLUE SPARK™ Parylene Dimer is extremely useful, some of which include:
- Military hardware & electronics
- Aerospace hardware & electronics
- Medical hardware & electronics
- Network communications hardware & electronics
- Consumer hardware & electronics
Contact Plasma Ruggedized Solutions Today